Monday, November 7, 2011

Tea

Dear Melbourne,

When I said I would get better at writing letters I was being optimistic - I have four aerograms sitting on my desk, with names on the front and they aren't written and aren't even addressed!

There has been much business and much tea.

(My big, fat red mug from the supermarket)

But I do think of you often. Everyday in fact - not in that awful homesick pit that you sometimes end up on but the little lovely things that get taken for granted. Some top thoughts about you Melbourne on a daily basis and why I love you so:

1. Trams.
2. Good cafes everywhere.
3. Tap water quality.
4. My favourite bookshop.
5. People knowing who Crowded House; Paul Kelly and the Wiggles are.
6. Being close to the beach.
7. The people I know.

That's seven to go with for now, but there are of course many more.

I will write. I promise. If only because number 7 deserves to be number 1!

Love T.

No comments:

Post a Comment